Saturday 31 December 2011

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?


How are you spending this special evening?

For the longest time I dreaded the pressure of this evening. New Year's Eve seemed like a big to-do, which often ended in disappointment. Over the past few years, however, I began to love it again by spending quiet evenings with people I cared about.

This week I spent a lot of time with some dear friends and family, a perfect end to 2011. Tonight, Alex and I are having a quiet evening in. Given our track records, perhaps neither will make it to midnight. So, last night, a friend of mine suggested celebrating New Year's on St. John's time. (This would be at 10:30 pm.) Given that Alex is part Newfoundlander, it seems appropriate.

Check out this gallery of vintage New Year's party photographs from Life Magazine:




Also, a great new version of the classic song What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

Plus, a new song by one of my favourite artists.


No comments:

Post a Comment