Thursday 29 September 2011

Fall Trend Spotting: Librarian Chic

I have been so thrilled about the fall fashion trends this season. Librarian chic is everywhere. The stunning cardigans and wool a-line skirts are stunning throw backs to the stacks of yesteryear. Just check out some of J. Crew’s line up, as an example, and how they compare to the cast of Desk Set (1957).






In honour of “Throwback Thursdays”- a tradition in my library where we dress up to the nines every, naturally, Thursday - I have to do a plug for my favorite throw back movie. If you haven’t seen the classic Desk Set yet, I highly recommend it! A group of amazing reference librarians proves just how irreplaceable they are. (You can borrow it through your public library, but it’s also available to rent for a very cheap price on iTunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment